This AH-1F model fuselage was modeled to fit the Century Swift 550 electric helicopter and is a direct fit for Logo 10
and most 500 class electric models. If we do not list your model and it physically fits within the fuselage, then likely the only
change would be to drill new landing gear mount points. The eCobra fuselage is the first of its kind for Swift 550 and Logo 10 and we have
received plently of good feedback when we introduced this model at the 2006 IRCHA helicopter event. This eCobra fuselage is simple to build
and was expertly engineered to handle the tail belt into the elevated tail section. Plently of scale details are included and it is very
simple for the beginner modeler to fit to their helicopter mechanics.
This is a feather-weight fuselage and can accept similarly sized electric or smaller mechanics. Installing the mechanics and tail
drive system is very straight forward and we have laid it out in a logical method to make building the eCobra as simple as possible. We recommend
using one of the flat military covering materials but experienced modelers can add the rivet details, prime & seal the wood surface and airbrush
directly on the primed surface for an unbelieveable scale appearance. This method works very well for camouflage paint schemes commonly used on Cobra
helicopters. The eCobra is just packed full of scale details and functional items that will make building our fuselage a pleasure. New modelers should
be aware that between opening your new AH-1F Cobra fuselage and finishing the model can take between 2 to 4 weeks, depending on how much time you can commit to building and
Compatible Models List:
- Century Swift 550
- Mikado Logo 10
- (most 500 class electrics)
- High quality laser cut balsa and plywood interlocking parts.
- Clear windows included for the windshield and upper cockpit windows.
- Vacuum formed upper top fairing to save weight and shaping work.
- Upper transmission bay and cockpit easily detaches to access mechanics.
- Button magnets secure the bottom plate for quick access to the battery pack.
- Plenty of space ahead of the main shaft for a fully detailed cockpit.
- Tow launchers, rocket pods, 20mm Cannon & TSU turret included.
- Scale 20mm three-barrel cannon with provisions for optional control servo.
- Injection molded scale skid carriers and landing struts.
- Longer tail drive belt, timing pulley and idler pulley for tail included.
- Step by step instruction manual with construction photographs & full size plan.
Required & Optional Items:
- Flat covering material (Monokote) or similar finishing materials & tools.
- Suitable rudder pushrod to match the type of gyro & rudder servo being used.
- Optional: Flexible pushrod & mini servo to actuate the front 30mm chain gun rotation.
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions:
- Q: How do I adjust the belt tension?
A: In the elevated tail section, we have you build a telescoping section of tailboom where the outer section is
bonded into the tail framework and the inner is connected to the tail gearbox, providing the tension adjustment. Once
the tension is set, you tighten a clamp style collar to secure them in position.
- Q: Do I use my original tail belt?
A: No. We include a longer tail belt with ball bearing pulleys to bend the belt around the corner in the
elevated section of the tail boom.
- Q: Will an ARF version be offered?
A: No. We plan to keep our products in assembly kit format to make future kit upgrades possible.
- Q: I have a Logo 10, are there any special mounting requirements?
A: No, the scale tail boom on the Cobra is higher than on the Apache and will allow the Logo 10 tail output components
to be used in standard configuration. No additional parts are required.
- Q: I have a Trex 500, will it fit the fuselage?
A: The short answer is no. Dimensionally, the Trex 500 will fit inside the fuselage by drilling 4 new holes in the mechanics
mount to match the Trex landing gear mount points. The problem is a narrow tail drive belt is needed for the Trex 500 mechanics
and we have abandoned our search to find a reasonably priced belt. It is a direct fit in all other areas.